CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Family Reunion

We had a Family Reunion for my Mom's family this past weekend. There weren't a whole lot of the family that was able to make it but those of us who went had a nice time visiting. My Dad and Mom were in charge so one of the activities that they planned was finding prizes in the saw dust. Here is Rylie with some of the nephews, nieces and cousins searching for candy and money in the saw dust.
Hoby wasn't too thrilled about having to go but he was a good sport and went anyway. This is his "ok I'll try to look like I want to be here" look.


These are my youngest nephew, Gavin, and youngest niece, Malia (Mia for short) showing some of their haul from the saw dust. It was pretty fun to watch the differences in ages. The really young ones, like these two, went for all the candy they could find. The older ones were all about finding the money.

Even though Family Reunions aren't the highest ranking activity on my list of favorite things to do, I appreciate that my Mom and her sisters still have them. It gives us a chance to spend time visiting with family and getting to know the histories of our ancestors. I have learned a lot about my Mom's ancestors by going to these throughout the years.

0 comments: