CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Happy Birthday Tyler

Tyler turned 16 on August 24. It is hard to believe that he is that old. He had a party and so I decided to make him a cake. Lately he has really been excited about playing the bass guitar so I chose to make him a guitar cake. Here he is with the finished cake. Other than the strings (and a few wooden dowels) the entire cake is edible. It was fun making it for him. He was so excited and all of his friends were amazed. They were all telling me when their birthdays are and wanting me to make them a cake.


Here is the cake next to his real guitar. The party seemed to be a success too. There were approximately 15 to 20 kids here. They played Guitar Hero and Rock Band. They had a fire in our fire pit outside and played cards and games. They had pizza and tons of munchies as well as cake. They topped the evening off watching a video downstairs in our movie room. I didn't get any pictures of the actual party. By the time I was done making the cake I was tired so I left the party supervision up to Hoby and went in our room and shut the door.

Happy Birthday Tyler. We are so happy for you. You are growing into such a wonderful young man. We love you!

0 comments: